Talent Acquisition Specialist
San Leandro, CA 94577
The Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) is responsible for all aspects of full life-cycle recruiting that will involve local, regional, and national recruiting campaigns. You’ll be using traditional recruiting strategies, but you will also have to be creative with new ideas for sourcing hard-to-find candidates.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Partner with hiring managers to develop an accurate job description, define a recruiting strategy for the position, and write and publish job advertisements.
- Phone-screen candidates, coordinate candidate interviews with hiring managers, conduct references checks, document and provide results to HR.
- Prepare offer letters to successful candidates and coordinate presentation with hiring managers.
- Coordinate and participate in college recruiting initiatives.
- Represent the client at local, regional and national networking, industry events, job fairs, and conferences.
- Transition candidates to HR Admin when candidates accept job offers.
- Travel to client locations to partner with hiring managers for interviews and other recruiting related meetings.
- When requested, assist with Exit Interviews.
What We’re Looking For
- Either a Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources (or similar discipline), or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in high-volume recruiting.
- Experience conducting multiple searches and managing multiple projects and client relationships.
- HRIS experience with sourcing, tracking, and managing candidates.
- Practical knowledge of recruiting sources such as Zip Recruiter, Indeed, Glassdoor, Craigslist, job fairs, colleges etc.
- Able to travel regionally up to 25% of the time.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Prefer PHR or SHRM-CP certification.
- Prefer Advanced Talent Acquisition Specialist/staffing certification.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.