Sr. Hr Generalist
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Our client is looking for an exceptional person to join their HR team. This newly-created position will support their fast-growing regional office of over 75 employees located in Walnut Creek, CA. The position will report to the SVP, Human Resources in their Texas corporate office.
If you like recruiting, can handle employee relations issues with finesse, get excited by the idea of implementing new processes and working on projects, then this opportunity is for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in developing and administering an effective recruitment program across designated teams and locations
- Resolve employee relations matters effectively to offset company risk and reach optimal outcome for the team member and company for designated teams and locations
- Assist managers in administering performance reviews, guidance and coaching of team members
- Coach employees to ensure consistent application of policies, procedures, practices and culture
- Administer FMLA and Medical leave programs and leave tracking for assigned team members
- Delegate work to the Payroll/HR Coordinator and the HR Coordinator from time to time
- Administer various team member surveys
- Produce deliverables on a wide variety of projects, as assigned by the SVP, HR
What We’re Looking For:
- Knowledge of how to be a business partner.
- At least 7 years of general experience in HR providing support as a business partner to management.
- Understanding of the value of building excellent relationships with all members of a company.
- Specific experience as an HR professional in California.
- 7-10 years' experience with prevailing HR and payroll laws, compensation & benefits practices, performance management and employee relations procedures.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management.
- Knowledge of the organizations and operations of administrative programs.
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments.
- Ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, team members, and the general public.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in verbal and written form.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification; PHR-CA or SPHR-CA strongly preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.