Sr. HR Manager
San Jose, CA 95131
Our client is a leading California-based engineering firm with an exciting new expansion into the global market. The Senior HR Manager will upgrade and rebuild an HR department into a professional, strategic resource that advises/coaches management and crafts effective and meaningful HR programs and services, serving as a catalyst for change in an organization hungry for a true HR partner in the management team. Partnering and mentoring a small HR team, this dynamic HR leader will be evaluating, developing and executing on all HR functions concurrently.
What you will get to do:
- Build trust and rapport at all levels of the organization through sound counsel and innovative HR programs that achieve organizational and individual team member success objectives.
- Work in concert with other management professionals to develop and promote the organization’s employment brand through the entire employee life-cycle.
- Create and deliver organizational and team development training programs; oversee the performance management process.
- Lead employee relations efforts and work with other leaders to effectively resolve any issues/concerns.
- Oversight, analysis and execution of compensation, benefits and payroll programs.
- Keep the organization moving forward by preventing moving backward as the individual charged with compliance and serving as the “organizational conscience.”
What we are looking for:
- Deep knowledge as an HR generalist at the management/leadership level with a demonstrated ability to develop programs while personally being involved with hands on delivery.
- A personal commitment one’s own professional development, staying abreast of employment law developments and effecting people practices.
- Expertise in problem solving and a results orientation.
- Excellent people and communication skills including the ability to interactive and work with a diverse population.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions highly desired.
- Standard software and technical skills.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.