HR Operations Supervisor
Pleasanton, CA 94582
Our Pleasanton client is part of a world-class healthcare organization. They need an HR Operations Supervisor to carry the load while the HR Operations Manager is absorbed in a Workday implementation. This role is a 20-month contract with strong possibility of being temp-to-hire at the end.
What You'll Do:
* Benefits and Leave Plans
* Manage relationship with brokers and carriers to ensure optimal support
* Troubleshoot problem claims with carriers
* Manage COBRA vendor to support the COBRA program
* Lead and execute annual open enrollment communications with HR team
* Assist the HR Operations Manager with new program and plan implementation
* Review all out-going leave-of-absence documentation.
* Assist with leaves of absence including FMLA/CFRA, Disability etc.
* Maintain and update all retirement plan documentation and audits for 403(b) plans.
* HR Day-to-Day Operations
* Mentor and guide HR Consultants, HR Operations Specialists and HR Assistants as needed
* First level of escalation for day-to-day employee issues
* Accountable for HR activities to meet regulatory and compliance requirements
* Review policies and procedures with HR Operations Manager to ensure compliance with all applicable laws
* Partner with vendor to address unemployment claims
* Ensure that all HRIS system actions which impact payroll and benefit processes are entered in a timely fashion and they are correct
* Supervise and handle HR elements of payroll with the payroll team to ensure that payroll activities are completed accurately
* Prepare materials for HR audits, benefits renewals, annual government report or any other operational audit
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in HRIS system for all Personal Action Notifications (PANs)
* Conduct hospital-wide trainings, Hospital Wide Orientation (HWO) presentations and other key initiatives as required
What We're Looking For:
* BA/BS from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a HR Generalist role; hospital or healthcare experience is a big plus
* Prefer PHR/ SHRM-CP certification
* Demonstrated leadership experience of small teams, with experience coaching and mentoring staff
* Someone who is self-motivated and able to work with limited management
* Excellent sense of discretion and sensitivity
* Strong communication and presentation skills