HR Operations Manager
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Our client in Walnut Creek, CA is looking for an experienced People Operations professional to join their team, and help create an HR department from the ground up. What's vital for this role? Communication and being able to take direction. We need someone who doesn't have an ego and can humble themselves for a fantastic group of people who are anxious to get their start-up to the next level. In addition to having a deep sense of empathy and love of people, we need someone well-steeped in the details and nuances of people operations: help select the right health care programs, benefits, ensure all state and federal compliance, take ownership of onboarding and offboarding practices, and create a timely and insightful performance review process.
- 3+ yrs in people ops / human resources, with expertise in the areas of employee relations
- High EQ -- deals with people with effective care and candor
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations concerning employment and reporting compliance
- Thrives in small, growing, fast-paced, results-oriented environments
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and respect
- Ability to influence and advise leaders through challenging people situations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A customer service mentality
- Resourceful, with a great problem-solving mindset -- “I’ll figure it out.”
- Able to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred: PHR or SPHR certification
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.