San Francisco, CA 94103
You will be responsible for the management of a small HR Department. You’ll lead the team and contribute to performing key functions. Strong interpersonal skills and an intuitive understanding of organizational needs are, of course, essential; but so too is the belief that HR is more than policies and procedures. If you are a strategic thinker, a hands-on professional, and looking for the opportunity to lead a small group of HR professionals in academia, this is the perfect choice.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be responsible for overseeing all areas of HR, from employee relations, benefits, and compensation, to policy development, records maintenance, payroll interface, and management development. You’ll also be applying your knowledge and deep understanding of local, State, and Federal employment laws and regulations
What We’re Looking For:
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Sound working knowledge of software applications: HRIS, HCM, Payroll, MS Office etc.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students
- At least 5 years of HR generalist experience; preferably in higher education
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Experience in training and organizational development
- Excellent organizational and problem resolution skills
- Experience with HRIS/HCM/Payroll systems (preferably Paycom)
- Bachelor's degree (advanced degree preferred)
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.