HR Generalist - Jr.
San Jose, CA 95133
Are you familiar with working in a manufacturing environment? Walking through a warehouse and not bothered by the sound of construction and hard work? If you also can speak Spanish and can work as a solid individual contributor - we may have an opportunity worth talking about. Our client in San Jose, CA needs a Generalist that is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level, someone who works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: assist employee relations, training, and performance management, on/off boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance
- Minimum one year of experience in the individual contributor role
- Manufacturing experience
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred
- Strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills to build a high performing team
- Role model of TransPak culture and operating procedures
- Demonstrated attention to detail, deadline-driven, continuous improvement behaviors
- A Bachelor degree and at least one year of HR experience, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Competencies: Communication, consultation, ethical practice, HR expertise, relationship management.
- May require technical expertise such as maintaining certifications or licenses, in order to properly train team members in proper handling (forklift, driver, pallet jack, nail gun skills).
- Certified Professional preferred
- Recruiting experience
- Project management
- Global and Cultural Awareness.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.