Hayward, CA 94545
The discipline of HR draws those dedicated to work that is impactful and meaningful. Performed with excellence, HR enhances the lives of team members and drives the success of organizations. Our client elevates the practice further - the work of the organization is impactful and meaningful as well. As the Head of HR, you will report to the CEO of this rapidly growing multi-state company, serve on the senior leadership team (SLT), and lead a team of HR and Safety professionals dedicated to excellence and service.
A few of the things you will get to do:
* Lead and mentor a team of HR professionals committed to positively impacting and supporting a strong culture with a focus on demonstrable business results.
* As a member of the SLT, work to drive the future of the organization by demonstrating strong, full-spectrum HR expertise, designing and delivering exceptional people management, development and safety programs, and strong business acumen.
* Serve as a coach and advisor in a management environment that promotes extensively from within
* Be an inspirational mentor for developing early- and mid-career professionals
* Establish and promote effective metrics and accountability structures, including the management of a robust safety program.
* Develop structures and practices that ensure a continuous pipeline of talent for ambitious growth and development goals.
* Act in an HRBP capacity to all senior leaders in the company.
What we are looking for:
* Broad experience managing a full-service HR department with knowledge of HR concerns and compliance best practices for a California-based company.
* Experience managing in a multi-location company.
* Strong financial and operational understanding and experience
* Demonstratable expertise in Workers' Compensation management.
* Expert-level experience in employee relations matters
* Organizational development experience including succession planning, systems implementation and process improvement.
* BS/BA required, MBA optimal, SHRM Certs, MS Office proficiency, recent CLE in HR
* Bi-lingual in Spanish and English is highly desirable.
As the Head of HR, you will report to the CEO of this rapidly growing multi-state company, serve on the senior leadership team (SLT), and lead a team of HR and Safety professionals.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.