San Francisco, CA 94103
As the HR Coordinator in a small HR department, you will be the person who sets the tone for a proactive customer service experience for all of HR's constituents. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be very comfortable with people (obviously) and data; someone who enjoys solving problems for people and has great attention to accuracy and detail.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide quality customer service; respond to walk-in, email, and other inquiries and follow through by processing forms and providing appropriate responses and resources
- Process new hire paperwork and updates for Adjunct Faculty, Student Workers, TAs, RAs, and Temps; coordinate as needed with other departments such as Financial Aid and Provost
- Administer benefits and retirement plans, in coordination with Finance and HR staff, including reconciliation, audits, reporting, deposit requests, employee enrollments, changes and issues; main contact with brokers, employees and government agencies
- Organize, edit and maintain HR forms and materials; track and ensure completion, accuracy, and retention of mandatory forms (including I-9) for government compliance
- Maintain electronic HR records; produce reports for internal use and government agencies, including wage and employment verifications
- Assist with payroll; track and troubleshoot timesheets, reconcile unreported paid time off; and process wage garnishments, levies, and unemployment claims
- Update, audit and archive personnel files
- Proactively contribute to continuous improvement of HR operations and services; update materials and streamline processes; provide input on and work toward new systems and procedures.
What We’re Looking For:
- Two or more years of experience in HR.
- Experienced with HRIS/HCM software.
- Must have Paycom HCM system experience.
- Advanced use of MS Office Suite; especially Excel.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer HR certification.
- Prefer work experience in higher education.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.