Sr. Payroll Specialist
Emeryville, CA 94608 | Contract
Our client is the maker of the world's most popular anti-virus software, which protects over 400 million computers and mobile devices. Their portfolio protects users in almost every country of the world and is offered in about 40 languages. Following its recent initial public offering, our client was one of the top five all-time IPOs on the London Stock Exchange. With offices worldwide, our client employs some of the brightest new talents in the technology industry.
They are in need of a payroll professional; the James Bond of Payroll Specialists should apply immediately.
- Processes regular semi-monthly payroll as required for all US entities including off-cycle payroll (equity compensation, bonus, relocation, and referral pay).
- Ensure payroll is processed accurately and completely using ADP Workforce Now.
- Collaborate with HR Generalist to help maintain ADP data base and STAR (SuccessFactors) data base.
- Process and interface Time and Attendance pay data, resolve exceptions in a timely manner.
- Coordinate benefit funding with Company vendors.
- Process terminations and final pay in accordance with Company policy and state guidelines.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits of all US entities including state agencies and external auditors.
- Help create and run payroll reports for internal stakeholders and third party vendors.
- Processes wage garnishments, complete and respond to garnishment notices and notifies employees appropriately.
- Maintain and document all payroll records per Company policy, and federal and state requirements.
- Assist with year-end reconciliations and reporting for W-2s and 1095-C’s.
- Assist with payroll general ledger reconciliations each pay period and including off-cycle adjustments.
- Respond to employee inquiries timely regarding payroll concerns.
- Special projects and Ad Hoc analysis as required
- Minimum of 5 years of multi-state payroll experience
- Required: Minimum of 2-3 years ADP Workforce Now experience
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), preferred
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks, and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.