Sr. HR Generalist or HRBP
Merced, CA 95340 | Direct Hire
Our client needs a solid Sr. Generalist or HRBP who can align business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and serve as a consultant to management on Human Resources related issues. This position is also responsible for communicating needs within the HR department and business management to develop integrated solutions and deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
Note: This position has responsibility for Contact Center in Merced, CA and will require frequent travel to location. (Position is predominantly in Merced with occasional travel to Pleasanton headquarters or other branches.)
What You'll Do:
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to client groups (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Communicate company and HR policies and procedures to employees and managers
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues; conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations and recommend appropriate action
- Act as a business and employee advocate and change agent
- Lead HR initiatives within respective business unit (Development Planning, Engagement, etc.)
- Meet with respective business units to identify and address human capital challenges or needs
- Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs of organization and/or business units
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning
- Build relationships and engages workforce at all levels to create open door policy and invite concerns before escalation occurs
- Identify training needs for business units and individual coaching needs
- Support talent acquisition through sourcing, screening, interviewing candidates for a variety of roles.
- Participate in new team member orientation
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the HR field, primarily focusing on the resolution of complex employee relations issues, talent acquisition and compensation
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including performance management, federal and state employment laws, and training.
- Experience within financial industry preferred
- Proficient in MS Applications, HRIS Systems
- S/PHR certification preferred
- Excellent consultation skills
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills
- Strong conflict management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results
- Flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.