Senior Payroll Specialist
Oakland, CA 94601
Our client, an East Bay company disrupting the property management sector, is looking for a Senor Payroll Specialist to manage its payroll process - from start to finish - and scale the function as the company continues to grow nationally at a rapid pace. As the subject matter expert, you'll be responsible for managing the entire semi-monthly, multi-state, payroll operation. You'll report to the company's Senior Corporate Accounting Manager and collaborate closely with the Talent & Culture (HR), Operations, and Property Accounting teams.
What You'll Do:
* Manage multi-state, semi-monthly payroll for employees including interns, non-exempt and exempt employees.
* Assist with employee questions regarding their pay and payroll related taxes.
* Process the semi-monthly 401(k) funding.
* Manage the pay administration of new hire onboarding, employee changes, terminations (including manual final paychecks), and LOA.
* Setup new tax accounts with states and cities.
* Review weekly timesheets.
* Prepare journal entries for payroll.
What We're Looking For:
* ADP Workforce Now experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
* At least 7 years of experience processing multi-state, semi-monthly, and hourly payroll.
* Strong Excel skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Organized and extremely detail oriented.
Our client, an East Bay company disrupting the property management sector, is looking for a Senor Payroll Specialist to manage its multi-state payroll process from start to finish.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.