Mountain View, CA 94043 | Direct Hire
If you’re a Safety manager who’s ready to take ownership of the company’s entire safety program, this is the hands-on role for you!
What You'll Do:
- Be the safety ambassador for the company
- Conduct safety audits and assessments at customer sites throughout the Bay Area
- Develop and implement health & safety plans
- Monitor compliance with policies and laws
- Investigate accidents or incidences
- Recommend work safety standards
- Manage HAZCOMM, MSDS etc.
- Deliver HR and Safety training
- Ensure compliance with corporate and government regulations such as EPA, OSHA, and FDA
What we're looking for:
- 5 or more years of proven experience as a safety manager
- Extensive knowledge of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability to develop relevant policies
- Experience analyzing data and assessing risk
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, tasks
- BA/BS degree in safety management or relevant field
- Valid qualification in occupational health & safety (OSHA 10 preferred)
- Bilingual Spanish desired
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.