San Rafael, CA 94903 | Direct Hire
Do you know payroll? Are you ready to move into the next step in your career and help make a direct impact with your next opportunity?
If you have a passion for partnering with a progressive organization that has had three generations of family heritage, innovation, comprehensive capabilities and a network of facilities around the globe - than apply here!
Our client is the trusted leader in transportation and logistics management. They provide revolutionary solutions and unmatched expertise with global service offerings that are cost-effective and offer a single source of responsibility to meet the needs of the mobile population of the 21st century.
We're looking for someone to:
- Coordinate the tactical execution of payroll processing and related processes
- Ensure that payroll-related transactions are properly calculated, supported and audited
- Provide supervision and guidance to the payroll operations staff
What You'll Do:
- Supervise and coordinate the timely full-cycle processing for all active domestic and international payrolls.
- Oversee the preparation and processing of insurance and trust invoices and reports, garnishments and wage attachments, and retirement plan remittances.
- Review and approve all submissions and payment requests.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve payroll processing exceptions.
- Coordinate activities requiring vendor/payroll provider support and resolution.
- Proactively identify and escalate potential service issues.
- Ensure all payroll processing and related project data is fully audited and transactions are properly authorized and supported.
- Perform final audit for all payroll processing prior to submission.
- Execute processing activities as needed.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant coursework and experience required. Degree/coursework in Business Administration or related area of study preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred
- At least five years of progressively responsible payroll processing experience required
- At least one year of experience supervising direct reports required
- Experience processing multi-state payroll preferred
- Experience with handling union payrolls and familiarity with collective bargaining agreements strongly preferred
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.