San Leandro, CA 94577 | Contract
Our client is a heavy-equipment manufacturer in San Leandro. They're looking for a contract payroll manager to oversee all payroll processes, distributions and audits. You'll be considered a professional manager with subject matter expertise across the entire spectrum of payroll process, law and operations.
What You'll Do:
- Supervise all payroll input, processing, and paycheck/report distribution.
- Interview and recommend candidates for hire.
- Train, supervise, and appraise department staff.
- Ensure timely payment of payroll tax deposits, health premiums, taxes, and workers' comp. premiums.
- Maintain and transmit data to accounting and 401(k) plan administrator.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- 7-10 years' supervisory experience, preferably in payroll.
- Experience in multi-division, large companies strongly preferred.
- Union payroll experience required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.