San Francisco, CA 94107 | Direct Hire
Our client is a leader in the resource recovery industry. Our client has a unique workplace culture that guides how they support employees, interact with customers, service communities, and care for the environment. The HR Manager, under limited general direction, plans and carries out policies and procedures relating to all phases of Human Resources activities within assigned area. Regularly provides guidance and acts as a lead on HR related projects, programs or to other employees who are not subordinates.
What you'll do:
- Ensure Company’s Recruiting Guidelines are followed. May recruit, interview, and make recommendations for selection of potential employees. Consult with hiring manager regarding new hire compensation package. Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, and employees to create a qualified passive candidate pool.
- Work with managers in addressing issues related to employee performance and conduct. Counsel employees and managers to facilitate complaint adjudication.
- Consult with local management on various topics such as organizational structure and strategic planning matters (retention, diversity, labor relations, etc.).
- Manage leaves of absences including letters and notifications in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Works with managers on ADA issues and considerations.
- Understand and ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements. Attend grievance and arbitration proceedings as necessary.
- Assist managers in assessing employee training and professional development needs. Identifies and obtains resources as applicable.
- Consult with managers prior to involuntary terminations. Represent Company at hearings. Conduct and analyzes exit interviews and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Maintain familiarity with the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. Monitor the Company’s progress relative to its Affirmative Action Plan. Inform and train supervisors on Company’s obligations and goals.
What we're looking for:
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites with own vehicle (Candlestick Park and downtown SF).
- HR-related certification preferred.
- Six years of related human resources and management experience.
- Experience supporting a diverse workforce.
- Speaking and writing in Spanish preferred.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Choice Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.