Richmond, CA 94804 | Contract-to-Hire
Our client – a Global Electronic and Recycling Company - is looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and detail-oriented person to join their HR Team. The HR Coordinator is responsible for helping them carry out the day-to-day operations tasks and projects supporting the HR function that help to make the company a great place to work.
This is a great opportunity to learn about critical Human Resources functions including employee onboarding, benefits administration, and document management. Success in the role requires a high level of initiative, excellent organizational skills, close attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills.
The HR Coordinator is often the first point of contact for employees, so the person should not only enjoy being around people, but will also thrive in a fast-paced environment. The HR Coordinator will be friendly and helpful, comfortable with handling highly confidential information and will know how to prioritize work and understand the balancing act of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Entering and maintaining employee information into our HRIS on a timely basis. Previous ADP experience is a huge plus.
- Collecting and processing new hire forms and managing the on-boarding of new employees, including conducting background checks, verifying employment eligibility and creating and maintaining accurate employee files
- Responding to audits from Unions and compliance departments
- Partnering closely with the Accounting/Payroll department to ensure accurate and timely transmission of data
- Responding to employee needs swiftly, while providing accurate information, support and guidance
- Creating and managing ad hoc reporting requests as necessary
- Assist with the planning and execution of our special employee programs
- Assist other department staff with day to day tasks involving benefits, recruiting, payroll, training, and other special projects.
- Create fliers for career fairs and other employee-related initiatives
What We're Looking For:
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Commitment to speed and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and exemplary client service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- At least 1-2 years of experience, preferably in Human Resources role and a desire to advance in a career in HR
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.