Group HR Manager (HR Director)
San Francisco, CA 94134 | Direct Hire
Passionate about the environment and helping keep the Earth clean? So is our San Francisco-based client. Our client is a leader in the resource recovery industry, with offices in California, Washington, and Oregon, they're in need of a Group HR Manager who can grow alongside our client in their quest to help keep the planet green!
What's In It For You:
- Manage teams to plan, develop and execute policies and procedures relating to all phases of Human Resources activity.
- Work with managers in addressing issues related to employee performance and conduct. Counsel employees and managers to facilitate complaint adjudication.
- Consult with managers in guiding internal investigations in areas such as harassment, discrimination, or workplace violence. Conduct investigations as necessary.
- Consult with local Human Resources personnel and local management on complicated leave of absence cases.
- Work with managers on ADA issues and considerations.
- Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Attract, develop and retain good people; allow opportunities for self and others to reach their full potential; build and share knowledge and expertise.
What We're Looking For:
A seasoned HR leader who can develop strategies to effectively manage challenges and opportunities in a complex organization.
An ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of human resources theory and practice
- Show awareness of current developments and trends in HR
- Have demonstrated knowledge of supervisory techniques, resource allocation, planning and budgeting
- Know JD Edwards or other HRIS systems
- Have union experience
- Present ideas effectively to individuals or groups and deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Motivate and empower others to achieve objectives and to develop a culture where employees feel ownership in what they do.
Education and Other Skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Related management experience in human resources.
- HR related certification preferred
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Choice Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.