Director of HR
Bay Area, CA
As an HR professional with experience of working with people in – rather than just from – EMEA and APAC countries, you’ll have the opportunity to completely redefine and modernize an IoT company’s global HR footprint. Working directly with the company’s President, you’ll participate in crafting the company’s HR vision and implement changes to pretty much every aspect of HR throughout their multi-national offices. This is a significant opportunity for someone who wants to have a profound effect on the culture of a company.
What You’ll Do:
- Help transform the company’s internal culture from that of a legacy industrial solutions provider to a leading-edge IoT technology company.
- Develop a corporate culture that embraces diversity and inclusion throughout the global organization.
- Work with Executive Management and Business Unit leaders to build strategies for organizational transformation and development throughout the enterprise.
- Develop and nurture the role of an HR Business Partner who understands the requirements of the business unit they are supporting.
- Lead a team of operational HR personnel and Business Partners located in multiple geographic regions.
- Design programs to recruit individuals in a multitude of roles from entry-level graduates to executives.
- Review and improve the existing performance management framework in line with the organization’s current goals.
- Lead career development planning across the organization.
- Design leadership development programs.
What We're Looking For:
- Demonstrated experience and success in the key areas identified above.
- Must have experience in EMEA and APAC human resources.
- At least 10 years of experience in HR in the enterprise space, with five or more years of experience in an HR leadership role.
- Experience working in high-tech companies with a significant workforce of engineers, software developers, and salespeople.
- Experience with goal / objective setting frameworks such as OKRs.
- Managing remote teams.
- Experience designing and implementing HR-related policies across multiple geographies and business units.
- Experience working with and managing 3rd-party vendors, such as staffing firms.
- Someone with a multi-cultural mindset and experience directly working with colleagues in multiple geographies.
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Desire to challenge the status quo and contribute fresh ideas.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.