Director, People and Culture (Human Resources, HR)
Newark, CA | Direct Hire
Are you a driven HR leader looking to help a growing East Bay (Newark area) business take their people and culture practice to the next level? Our client is a successful service/hospitality company with an enviable client list. They’ve done the HR basics and are quickly outgrowing the models that serviced a smaller organization. Time to build a new HR function, platform and department.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside a hands-on founder/CEO and an accomplished leadership team
- Develop what’s next while maintaining what is as the organization begins to invest in higher level HR strategies like:
- Succession and workforce planning
- Analytics, retention and onboarding
- Leadership, team and employee development
- Compensation assessment and linkages to performance management
- Develop/deliver needed infrastructure to support their continued national expansion while maintaining flexibility
- All while ensuring compliance, of course.
The role calls on both the art and science of great HR to move a successful company forward. Rule mongers and those not wishing to collaborate or coach won’t fit this dynamic, fun culture. Reporting to the CEO, this newly elevated role will serve on the leadership team and mentor an HR team of four.
What We're Looking for:
- An HR leader with demonstrated success leading an HR function at the divisional or organizational level
- Great communication skills including the ability to work with folks from the warehouse floor to the leadership team
- A passion for developing people and organizations in a collaborative and inclusive manner
- An ability to partner with the team create and execute effective people and culture programs.
If this appeals to you, we welcome an exploratory conversation.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.