Assistant VP, Human Resources
San Francisco, CA | Direct Hire
A prestigious national risk management provider, awarded A.M. Best’s highest financial strength rating, is conducting a search for an Assistant Vice President, Human Resources to lead an HR team supporting nearly 900 employees across the US; with an emphasis in Northern California.
The opportunities for you:
- Contribute your HR leadership and expertise to a senior leadership team building the future of a world-renowned brand
- Lead Human Resources strategy (talent acquisition, development and retention) and HR operations with an emphasis on effectiveness and efficiency in a growing business
- Partner with senior leaders in organizational development related to organizational change
- Engage in some local and occasional out-of-state travel
What we’re looking for
- Progressive hands-on and strategic HR management skills across the HR disciplines and experience leading an HR team in multiple locations, serving an employee population of at least 500
- Strong business acumen, influencing and analytical skills, employee relations, and commitment to consistent improvement
- Ability to understand business goals and translate into HR initiatives
- Current and forward thinking in assessing and benchmarking HR best practices, programs, systems, and initiatives to align with current and future business goals.
- Prior experience in the risk management arena and SPHR certification highly valued
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Choice Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.