Workday Payroll Specialist
Santa Clara, CA | Full time
Our client is a next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. They not only proactively protect people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions – but they also provide protection solutions to combat the world’s most harmful Internet threats.
They’ve managed to create a fantastic culture that their employees love, and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. Ask us more about the company culture and we’ll tell you.
We need a Workday Payroll Specilist who is passionate about doing the right thing and making things better for not only our client, but everyone who uses technology.
A successful candidate will be able to independently handle the day-to-day responsibilities of payroll & assist in benefits work as needed.
Reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will be given the opportunity to do some really great work!
What You'll Do
- Experience using Workday Payroll is essential, you will be using Workday Payroll as a major part of your responsibilities.
- Payroll is extremely important to get right, so you’ll need to be able to focus on the smallest of details while you maintain the payroll information, collect data, perform calculations and enter data.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Utilize Workday to ensure paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts all happen seamlessly.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- You’ll need to know, or be willing to learn, a lot about federal and state taxes and use this to determine payroll liabilities by calculating various taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers’ compensation payments.
- Partner with our finance team to balances the payroll accounts with and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- On-boarding team & new hires will need to be available to all employee with their questions.
- Expert regarding group insurance, FSA, disabilities, 401(k), COBRA, sick leave, vacation, and other leaves of absence.
- Up to date and networked on employee requirements, trends and developments in benefits within the industry.
- Use Workday to maintain records, initiating new-hire benefits and recording other changes.
Skills You'll Need to Have
Working knowledge of Workday payroll
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
- Payroll technical skills in a variety of areas including, payroll processing, reporting, account reconciliations and performance of SOX controls
- Ability to perform file uploads/interfaces between ADP/Workday/ADP401k
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively and function as a dependable team player.
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, annual global company off-site, Giants games and lots of other great stuff
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.