Sr. Talent Management Partner (HRBP)
Sacramento, CA | Full time
Are you searching for something deeper than just a 9-5 with an exhausting commute? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of other people and our beautiful planet? Our client in Walnut Creek and Sacramento handles a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. Their company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and that will attract talented people.
We're looking for a Business Partner to help save the World!
This position is responsible for establishing strong partnerships within the designated business units and with the HR functional expert teams, and for identifying and delivering talent-related guidance, processes and tools in support of employee and business needs. The HR Partner serves as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues. The successful candidate will act as an employee champion and change agent while assessing and anticipating HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HR Business Partner formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HR Business Partner maintains an effective level of literacy about the business unit’s short-term plans and longer-term vision, its financial position, and its competition.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years in HR with significant experience in a business partner role required
- Experience working with California state and local employment laws
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
- Partners with Business Unit leaders and managers to understand and develop plans to address talent needs based on short- and long-term business plans
- Collaborates with other HR Partners to ensure consistent execution of company-wide talent initiatives, processes and tools within the SBUs
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Ensures the SBU has a bench of developing talent in support of the Business Unit objectives and the overall company strategy through the use and execution of developmental processes including Talent Readiness, Career Pathing and Succession Planning
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units
- Utilizes and champions the use of the HRIS system to manage tasks, provide reports and analysis
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.