Sr. HR Generalist
San Jose, CA | Contract - 6+ months
Interested in making a difference in the World of Healthcare? This is a great place to start!
Our client's work includes direct services, grant making and policy advocacy. It is organized under three initiatives: Healthy Eating, Healthy Aging and Healthy Living. Our client's functions also include Destination Home, a public-private partnership galvanizing our community to end homelessness in Santa Clara County.
Our client strives to make their vision reality, they reflect the values of Silicon Valley. When they tackle a problem, they take the broad view. They rely on expertise, partnerships and best practices to generate solutions that will have the greatest impact on those they serve. They invest in projects that are sustainable, show measurable results and provide the greatest return on investment for the community.
- Helps with the new hire orientation process and sends out electronic onboarding paperwork to new hires.
- Creates, receives, and processes documentation for new hires, employee changes, and departures.
- Updates the human resources information system and creates and maintains personnel files for record keeping and reporting purposes.
- Maintains HR section of ADP portal.
- Completes employment verifications.
- Processes wage garnishments including employee notification and coordination with payroll.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment regulations.
- Creates reports as needed.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Performs other duties and projects as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to handle sensitive issues in a confidential, positive, and professional manner.
- Display strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational, administrative, multi-tasking, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively under pressure in a positive professional manner and to be flexible and adaptive to change.
- Effectively present information to others, including other employees, community partners, and vendors.
- Work with individuals and organizations at the local level to build support.
- Ability to seek direction/approval on essential matters, yet work independently with little onsite supervision, using professional judgment and diplomacy.
- Work in a team-oriented environment with a number of professionals with different work styles and support needs.
- Successfully organize and prioritize tasks with little to no oversight.
- Make appropriate use of knowledge/expertise/connections of other staff.
- Be creative and mature with a "can do," proactive attitude and an ability to continuously "scan" the environment, identifying and taking advantage of opportunities for improvement.
- Degree or commensurate work experience.
- Proficient in MS Office.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.