Emeryville, CA | Full time
Global client in Emeryville, CA is in need of a Payroll Specialist who can roll up their sleeves and process US payroll for their employees. They need someone who can coordinate multiple audit efforts (state, insurance, external), ensuring payroll compliance with all related laws and regulations for US employees, and coordinate funding relationships with their external related vendors.
What you'll do:
- Independently process semi-monthly payroll for all US entities.
- File payroll taxes across multiple states.
- Research and resolve any complex legal or tax and payroll-related issues.
- Calculate, record, maintain, and process employee bonuses.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits of all US entities.
- Maintain responsibility for and act as the key contact for 401(k) funding.
- Conduct year-end reporting for W-2s, 1095-Cs.
- Reconcile general ledger regarding payroll transactions.
- Respond to employee payroll inquiries.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s’ degree required
- 3+years’ experience working in payroll
- Significant experience working in multi-state payroll is a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including ADP payroll software and Microsoft Office suite
- Solid working knowledge of tax code
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude for numbers and exceptional commitment to accuracy
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.