Manager, Learning and Development
Santa Clara, CA | Regular - Full-Time
Do you love mentoring creative professionals? Do you have a sense of how designers and other creatives are inspired to do their best work? Do you like identifying appropriate training and conferences for talent development? Then this growing, award-winning Santa Clara design and communications firm may be the place for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee growth and development of a design team
- Develop and enhance in-house mentoring program
- Support Art Directors in evaluating designer performance
- Gather feedback from Art Directors and communicate to designers appropriately
- Drive training efforts around and outside of design
- Mentor and Coach Art Directors in building competency in giving and receiving feedback
What We’re Looking For:
- Someone with design chops who understands relevant tools and workflow best practices
- At least 10 years’ experience as a leader in an agency/communications/design consultancy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Ideally You’ll Have:
- Experience in a design role or managing/developing designers
- Fluency in design processes, tools and workflows
- A positive attitude and leadership style – skilled at providing and receiving employee feedback
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills as HR department communications are part of the role
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.