Santa Clara, CA | Full time
If you have a passion for music and digital media, then you’ve got to hear this!
Our client in the South Bay believes in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world.
Picture being in an environment where ideas can be seen circulating through the air, change and growth occurring all around you while working in a constant state of progress and creation. This is definitely a place you’ll want to be a part of when they become the next big thing.
Here’s what we need…
We’re looking to hire an experienced and accomplished HR professional who will own the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources function as well as provide oversight of Facilities and Office Management. Be prepared to wear many hats, it’ll be worth it. This role is a leader, manager and hands-on technical expert who will deploy and manage HR processes and systems to optimize service levels in daily HR operations, and administer the Company’s comprehensive compensation and benefits programs.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and AA/EEO compliance.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Drive the Company’s Performance Management & Annual Review process.
- Manage the front desk staff which is responsible for (among other things) ordering supplies, catered lunches, Eat Club, kitchen supplies, stocking food and snacks, assisting with conference room scheduling, greeting visitors, event planning, Board meeting support and other administrative tasks.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, SPHR/PHR certification preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in human resources; business management or related field, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced unstructured start-up environment is highly preferred.
- This candidate must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Human Resources Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Management
- Proficiency, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees.
- Ability to diagnose the performance of an organization and identify solutions to business issues.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Skilled in change management.
- Excellent group process facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of survey/assessment design.
- Proficiency in analyzing data to gain insight into business performance.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.