San Francisco, CA | Full time
Our client in San Francisco is searching for a professional and well-rounded HR Manager, who isn’t nervous or star-struck when it comes to working with their prestigious and high-profile clients. Our client is a global multi family office/merchant bank, representing a group of clients for investment management, trust & estate, philanthropy, insurance, lending, and a variety of family office services.
The HR Manager we are seeking is has superior communication skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to work directly with clients to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for full employee life-cycle for assigned client’s household and professional staff, from onboarding (e.g., new hire paperwork, payroll setup, 401(k) plan setup, benefits plan design, open enrollment) through exit (exit interviews, COBRA, severance, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison between client relationship management teams, external counsel and other internal teams, managing multiple lines of communication and ensuring the client receives tailored, detailed advice on HR matters.
- Partner with the client relationship management team to develop a thorough understanding of client expectations and preferences in order to maintain excellent HR service delivery.
- Ensure client is compliant with federal and local HR laws, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for HRIS, processing all leaves of absence requests and disability paperwork. Oversee employee benefits administration and related activities such as open enrollment.
- Respond to payroll, benefits, 401(k) and employee policy inquiries from employees and coordinate with third-parties as needed (e.g. insurance broker).
- Facilitate and process annual performance evaluations and compensation adjustments per client request.
- Drive and coordinate the recruiting life-cycle for client including advertising, screening, interviewing, conducting background checks, references and drafting offer letters as requested.
- Own compensation data and partner with Payroll, providing timely updates and reviewing for accuracy.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree and a solid academic background required
- 6+ years of experience in HR with payroll experience; 3 or more years must be in an HR Manager capacity
- Experience in an HR-related position working with household staff and bilingual a plus
- Deep knowledge of regulatory laws, rules and standards at the local/city, state and federal levels.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, solution and detail oriented
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency/follow through
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in implementing and leveraging HR technology to streamline operations preferred
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Choice Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.