Berkeley, CA | Contract - 6-8 months
Our client in Berkeley, CA needs an HR Generalist who's willing to help be a part of one of the most well-known non-profit companies in the world. Are you able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations? Have a passion for helping others and practicing various disciplines in Human Resources? Then reach out to us immediately and let's help you join a remarkable team today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Update job postings on website regularly.
- Submit monthly New Employee Orientation reminder and attendance reports to supervisors; present New Employee Orientation to new employees.
- Prepare and conduct supervisor trainings on Human Resources procedures and systems; research and recommend ways to streamline ongoing Human Resources processes.
- Work closely with Senior Payroll Accountant and make recommendations for streamlining payroll processes; be the back-up person for Payroll related responsibilities.
- Update content of IIPP binders; maintain emergency contact list for Association Office; provide Workers Comp packets to branches; assist with filing Workers Comp claims.
- Manage open enrollment process; distribute benefit packets; order and distribute Commuter Checks monthly; prepare and cut manual checks as needed when Payroll Specialist is sick or on vacation; process and manage all EDD/Disability claims; manage retirement spreadsheet and notification letters; submit separation paperwork; provide COBRA letters as needed; submit coded invoices for insurance companies.
- Track leaves of absences and create leave of absence approval letters; communicate leave dates with supervisors.
- Conduct audits of branches for I-9s, labor law posters, emergency contact information/procedures and general safety; provide required posters and any legal updates to all sites; respond to employee questions re: policies, procedures & benefits; update and maintain Human Resources records and forms; send Incident Reports to insurance company weekly.
- Manage birthday and holiday acknowledgments.
- Research and implement methods to streamline HR processes; participate in supporting organizations, networks, educational and training opportunities
- Distribute incoming/outgoing mail; replenish postage machine; order and manage purchase orders.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Human Resources.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic writing, reading and arithmetic skills.
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods and processes.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.