San Francisco, CA | Contract - 6-8 months
Risk management and insurance firm seeking a director of human resources to develop and execute HR strategy in these areas:
- Human resources planning
- Talent acquisition and development
- Performance management
- Employee Relations
What's in it for you:
- Cultivating a human resources organization that supports the overall business plan and strategic direction of the firm.
- Coach CEO, Executive Team and others in leadership positions to ensure the goals of both the firm and its clients are met.
- Make or recommend appropriate decisions related to HR policy and program matters as consistent with strategic direction.
- Actively participate as member of Executive Team, Operating Committee and Shareholder Development Committee.
- Develop and implement major HR policies, procedures and programs, ensuring consistency with overall HR strategy, systems and local, state and federal employment law. Update these items as needed, providing training as necessary.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources; minimum of 2+ years of progressive management experience
- MBA or advanced degree in Human Resources or Industrial & Organizational Psychology preferred; experience in a professional services firm also desirable
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing human resources strategies that contribute to the growth of enterprise value and employee engagement/satisfaction
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local legislation and its application and implications to respective policies and procedures
- Proven ability to assemble and develop a strong team of service-oriented HR professionals
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Choice Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.