San Francisco, CA | Regular - Full-Time
Passionate about the impact an inspirational HR leader working with an enlightened management team can make in creating a thriving culture and an amazing place where people grow and succeed? Great, have a seat!
We are seeking an HR evangelist who puts passion and desire into their work and everyday lifestyle, someone who believes in developing people and can lead a team of similarly dedicated HR professionals with the knowledge and strategic mindset of an HR guru. Our food-industry client believes building relationships with producers, farmers, and their neighbors is critical to building and sustaining a vibrant community. They are passionate about the heritage of good food and the community it creates, both inside and outside the organization. They act conscientiously, always thinking about the impact of their decisions. As a B-Corp, they put people and produce ahead of profit, while still running a successful, growing enterprise. Our client has devoted their mind, heart and souls into building an organization that delivers quality service and good food – they want nothing less from their People and Culture Leader.
Are you still with us? Good - let's get started.
We are looking for a Director of People and Culture, someone who plans, directs and executes all people activities and strategies to help hone and achieve our client's vision. This position works closely with the Director of Operations and owners to execute effective and compliant plans for recruiting, hiring, training, staff development, discipline, termination, and employee benefits and workers’ compensation, in line with our core values of Love, Passion and Integrity. The Director of People & Culture will be working directly with hourly employees who speak Spanish – Spanish fluency is a huge plus
***You will lead and coach a team of four HR professionals. If you haven’t had any current leadership roles with direct hires, this may not make sense to pursue***
Four qualities you need to own:
Passion and Commitment: Ensure sound People Practices reflective of client's culture and values
Talent Management: Directs and oversees the processes to hire, on-board, engage and retain highly qualified staff.
Organizational Leadership: Identifies and facilitates People processes and strategies to support business growth.
Wellness & Compliance: Ensures company’s Talent processes are applied consistently and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
1. Passion and Commitment
- Contribute to an amazing work environment by ensuring that our environment is supportive, challenging, inspiring, empowering, rewarding, fun, exciting, educational, and personal.
- Act as an internal consultant for management and staff ensuring they are supported, and empowered to make change.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations in all HR practices including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, separations as well as policy development and implementation.
2. Talent Management
- Oversee recruitment for all positions within company providing management with qualified candidates who are diverse and are inspired to greatness
- Create amazing experiences for new hires during on-boarding period.
- Lead the design, implementation and results of training programs for employees and managers.
3. Organizational and HR Leadership
- Participate in planning the strategic direction of the business and in developing long-range plans to achieve company objectives.
- Provide leadership and guidance on organizational change management.
- Develop and manage annual department budget; perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
4. Safety, Wellness & Compliance
- Oversee and follow up on claims with employee, manager, medical facility and insurance company, communicating information as needed.
- Research and make recommendations on Worker’s Compensation carriers to contain costs.
- Ensure that safety violations, hazards and accidents are documented and addressed following legal requirements.
What to bring with you:
- 10+ years of HR experience, with at least 3+ years leading a complex HR operations function.
- 2+ years Organizational Development experience. DISC, MBTI or similar certifications
- Change management expertise
- Strong employee relations background
- Extraordinary learning agility, ability to bring prior expertise and adapt appropriately to our unique and dynamic culture
- Experience designing and implementing new HR programs and initiatives in a bilingual organization
- Solid team facilitation and conflict resolution skills
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Choice Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.