Berkeley, CA | Contract - 6-8 months
Our client in Berkeley, CA needs an HR Director who's willing to help be a part of one of the most well-known non-profit companies in the world. Are you able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations? Have a passion for helping others and practicing various disciplines in Human Resources? Then reach out to us immediately and let's help you join a remarkable team today!
The Director of Human Resources must understand the nature and purpose of the client and understands the proper role of volunteers and staff. Knowledge of human resources policies, laws, programs and best practices are a must. The Director must possess outstanding communication and organizational skills in order to relate to work with a diverse employee population. In addition, development of and adherence to safety and risk management policies and procedures is imperative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage an effective and lean human resources department, ensuring that talented staff are retained, developed, and/or hired.
- Maintain and/or develop and execute a strategy in the compensation/benefits area consistent with the organization’s culture and guidelines, which helps to drive individual performance and fosters an environment which retains the highest quality of staff, and promotes and sustains a high level of employee morale.
- Maintain knowledge of human resources policies, programs, and laws.
- Ensure that the organization is in compliance with relevant federal, state and local regulations; ensure timely and accurate reporting to all outside agencies, as required.
- Create and effectively use training and development programs to build bench strength and ensure superior performance throughout the organization.
- Oversee human resources department budgeting process.
- Set the human resources agenda for the organization in coordination and collaboration with the CEO and leadership team by developing a keen understanding of the culture, goals and strategies, and establishing and executing organizational initiatives in support of those strategies.
- Implement strategies to successfully achieve the strategic initiatives.
- Focus on improving and maintaining good employee relations. Ensure that human resources activities are provided in an effective manner, maintaining the highest degree of customer service.
- Monitor and assure all safety and risk management policies and procedures are being followed.
- Facilitate and foster a team based culture throughout the organization where everyone has responsibility and accountability with the goals of our mission, for the success of the organization.
- Be a trusted business partner to the company’s senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues and providing guidance on managing complex and sometimes sensitive employee relations matters.
- Present to the Board on relevant matters, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Superior interpersonal relationship skills, writing and verbal skills are essential.
The Director of Human Resources also must have a strong cultural competence and be politically astute.
***This position requires a minimum of a college degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field***
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.