San Francisco, CA | Contract - 4 Months
If you have a passion for Science and HR - let's start talking.
Our client in San Francisco, CA is looking for an HR Assistant to help who believes that scientific ideas and discoveries are a public good. Their goal is to provide scientists with effective means to rapidly communicate ideas, results and discoveries to each other and to the broader public.
As our temporary Human Resources Assistant, you are a highly-organized and detail-oriented Human Resources Professional supporting our Human Resources team. The primary responsibility of this role is to carry out transactional activities for our US employee group, touching all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Schedule new hire orientations, create orientation packets and coordinate harassment avoidance training for new employees.
- Recruiting support including posting roles, light scheduling, and conducting reference checks for potential new employees.
- Run BI reports from UltiPro and format in Excel for HR metrics tracking such as headcount and turnover reporting.
- Run reports to audit our benefit invoices and update our Org Chart.
- Audit Volunteer Time-Off (VTO) requests in UltiPro to ensure we have received completed VTO forms for each request and follow up with employees on any missing documents.
- Draft formal documents including probation, promotion, separation, and leave of absence letters.
- Handle our probationary review program including tracking when probation reviews are due, sending reminders to managers, ensuring paperwork is completed, drafting probationary completion letters.
- Maintain electronic and paper employee records, ensuring they are accurately maintained and confidential.
- Provide administrative support for US HR group by scheduling group meetings.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum two years’ broad Human Resources experience including HRIS administration
- Strong Computer skills: HRIS (UltiPro preferred) and the Microsoft Office suite particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, experience with Visio is a plus.
- Ability to manage workload effectively without close supervision
- Detail oriented, able to effectively prioritize multiple demands and change gears quickly/effectively
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills in person, via telephone and video-conferencing, and email as the primary method by which we interact with our colleagues
- Problem solving skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, demonstrable ability to quickly learn new systems and skills
- Consistently Professional behavior and attitude
- Experience of working alongside managers and employees to guide through correct procedures
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Choice Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.