Director, People and Culture
San Francisco, CA | Full time
Hungry? Not just for a great meal, but for a successful new opportunity? Great, have a seat! Our client believes cultivating relationships with producers, farmers, and their neighbors is critical to building and sustaining a vibrant community. They are passionate about the heritage of good food and dependable people. Their community, work environment and overall financial goals/scope are what they have been excelling in. They act conscientiously, always thinking about the impact of their decisions.
Sounds good enough to eat? Then let's get started...!
We are looking for a Director of People and Culture, someone who plans, directs and executes all people activities and strategies to achieve our client's vision. In addition to driving culture, the DP&C manages compliance requirements of all HR functions and provides a comprehensive HR service to managers and staff within the organization. This position works closely with the Director of Operations and owners to execute effective and compliant plans for recruiting, hiring, training, staff development, discipline, termination, and employee benefits and workers’ compensation, in line with our core values of Love, Passion and Integrity.
***Leads and coaches a team of four HR professionals***
What you need to own:
- Ensures sounds People Practices reflective of client's culture and values
- Talent Management: Directs and oversees the processes to hire, on-board, engage and retain highly qualified staff.
- Organizational Leadership: Identifies and facilitates People processes and strategies to support business growth.
- Wellness & Compliance: Ensures company’s Talent processes are applied consistently and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
What you need:
- 10+ years of HR experience, with at least 3+ years leading a complex HR operations function.
- 2+ years Organizational Development experience. DISC, MBTI or similar certifications
- Change management expertise
- Strong employee relations background
- Extraordinary learning agility, ability to bring prior expertise and adapt appropriately to our unique and dynamic culture
- Experience designing and implementing new HR programs and initiatives in a bilingual organization
- Solid team facilitation and conflict resolution skills
Merit Resource Group complies with the San Francisco Fair Choice Ordinance, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.