Director, Human Resources
Vallejo, CA | Full time
Having founded their West Coast campus in 1997, our client is a system of non-profit institutions of higher and professional education. Approximately 19,000 students are currently enrolled in its various schools and divisions. Our client is currently seeking a Director of Human Resources, who can provide oversight and hands-on support to department operations related to employee recruitment, hiring and retention, labor law and Title IX compliance, payroll administration, employee benefits and staff professional development, and performance reviews.
The Director works with the Western Division campus leaders to implement best practices and employ appropriate metrics for evaluation and quality improvement purposes. The Director serves on the campus Executive Council and Health and Wellness Council, and ensures department representation on the campus Safety committee.
- Serves as resource to Human Resources staff and campus leadership team to ensure best practices in terms of human resource operations and regulatory compliance
- Collaborates with others, and when needed, leads development of appropriate personnel policies and procedures
- Develops effective professional relationships to enhance human resource operations and regulatory compliance at the campus and system level
- Facilitates timely, accurate preparation of contracts and letters of appointment and implements systems to guide timely renewal of contracts and appointment letters
- Annually collects and analyzes comparative salary data and makes budgetary recommendations to facilitate employee recruitment and retention
- Collaborates with campus community to develop and implement an employee Health and Wellness Program
- Prepares annual updates to Faculty and Administrative Staff Handbooks and publication of new Handbooks every two years
- Facilitates development of formal faculty and staff orientation processes, as well as exit process for departing employees
- Works with campus leaders to define employee diversity goals and implement strategies for successful recruitment
- Develop and lead effective teams to address institutional goals and objectives
- Identify and utilize metrics to monitor performance and facilitate ongoing quality improvement
- Communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, confident and professional manner
- Function as a campus resource as to federal and state laws/regulations, development of policies and procedures to guide personnel matters
- Communicate, coordinate and collaborate with other administrators
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 6 years' experience in human resources with at least 3 years in a supervisory/leadership role; experience in a higher education. environment preferred
- Experience with Ellucian Banner or other enterprise software preferred
MeritHR has connected organizations and great HR talent since 1989 in contract staffing, consulting and direct hire roles. We believe in HR; it is all we do.